Rathkeale House Hotel – the perfect boutique hotel for your staycation or mini-break and the gateway to the Limerick Greenway!
*New website launching soon!! In the meantime keep an eye on our Facebook page for all the latest updates!*
Rathkeale House Hotel in West Limerick is under new ownership and has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment with a huge investment all the public areas and a complete renovation of all 26 guest bedrooms!
Family run with new owners Mark & Therese Henry at the helm and along with Therese’s sister Ann (who manages the hotel with her and her fabulous team) they have completely transformed this West Limerick Hotel in this charming vibrant must-visit destination.
(Click images to enlarge)
Photography by Joleen Cronin
Charming, modern-day boutique hotel, perfect for couples and family-friendly!
Nestled in an old orchard, this charming, family run hotel oozes the allure and character of a modern-day boutique hotel. Large, spacious public areas, high ceilings, vibrant colours and modern-day decor, open fires and the use of light and colour create a unique atmosphere here in the hotel.
- There are 26 tastefully decorated bedrooms, all en-suite, with direct-dial telephone, tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioning, free wi fi, free parking and multi-channel TV.
- Relax in the newly refurbished foyer where you can enjoy a leisurely drink or light snack by the warm glow of an open log fire.
- The hotel grounds are beautiful with a wide combination of shrubs, trees, flowers, and a beautiful array of roses all surrounding a fabulous wooden gazebo which is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the tranquil surroundings.
- Be it that special treat, evening meal, wedding function or conference it is, without doubt, an ideal central venue.
- Full Irish or continental breakfast is served in the bistro, offering vegetarian and vegan options.
- Guests are welcome to relax in the foyer with a cozy fireplace, perfect for an evening drink.
- Takeaway meals available, please see our Facebook page for all the latest prices and availability!
Ideal location for a restful break and a good nights sleep
- Conveniently located by the Main Street and yet within a quiet old orchard, our peaceful location is perfect for a restful break and a good nights sleep!
- Ample parking for over 200 cars and coach’s
- 2 minutes off the main motorway connecting Dublin and Killarney (N21).
- The hotel is within a one-hour drive from Shannon, Cork & Kerry Airports.
- Buses also run directly beside the hotel every hour to Limerick, Tralee & Killarney which can take you directly to any destination you desire such as Limerick’s city centre, Adare, and Bunratty Castle.
The gateway to the Limerick Greenway
Rathkeale House Hotel is the first hotel on the Greenway, step out of our front door and within a couple of steps you are on this fantastic 40km off-road walking and cycling route along an old railway line that connects the three market towns of Rathkeale, Newcastle West and Abbeyfeale in West Limerick. Perfect for families and very safe for kids!
Traversing the Greenway is a spectacular journey through time, heritage and nature, giving the visitor the opportunity to learn more about the people and environment of one of Ireland’s hidden jewels, West Limerick. Along this route, close to Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, you will find Norman castles, abbeys, medieval ruins, old railway stations, a viaduct, the Barnagh Tunnel and breath-taking scenery!
We even offer bicycle rentals so you can explore the Greenway at your leisure. Click here to visit the official Limerick Greenway website for more information.
(Photos courtesy of https://www.limerick.ie/limerick-greenway/)